Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
As we welcome you back to our office, we want to thank you for sticking with us through these uncertain times. Please feel confident in knowing that we are maintaining a safe environment. We are implementing additional precautions above standard recommendations to ensure the safety of everyone who enters the building.
We have always followed the highest standards of infection control and continually monitor the recommendations of the CDC, ADA, and WISHA. They are the entities that set the guidelines to protect our patients and our staff. They are instrumental in preventing the spread of infections.
We all know nothing is as it used to be, it is no different here in our office. Please familiarize yourself with the new protocols regarding scheduling, screening, and arriving for appointments.
Changes Made Due to COVID-19
- Because of the disruption that COVID-19 has caused to our regularly scheduled cleaning appointments, we are currently working with the dental hygiene students and faculty from Bellingham Technical College. Their help will ensure that all of our patients who’ve had to miss their appointments can get back on schedule.
- To schedule a cleaning appointment, please fill out all of the forms at https://hellopatient.tab32.com/v2/uOqyCcPzO/forms. A member of our team will call you to schedule your appointment and to complete a pre-appointment COVID risk screening.
- Patients that have pain or discomfort should be screened via teledentistry appointments. Teledentistry helps us to keep you safe at home while being able to effectively and efficiently assess your needs. This appointment includes a COVID-19 risk screening as well as questions that we would normally ask you at your appointment to determine the amount of time and anticipated treatment you will need.
- You will be scheduled for your cleaning and other potential treatment needs as well.
- You do not need to make multiple teledentistry appointments for each member in your family. Your family may be screened and appointed in one teledentistry video conference.
- Patients MUST fill out their patient forms at https://hellopatient.tab32.com/v2/uOqyCcPzO/forms. Patients who do not have ALL 6 of their forms filled out before 7:30 AM on the day of their appointment must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time to fill them out in the office.
- Our goal is to help you, your family, our staff, and our community to stay healthy and safe.
- These changes reduce your risk of exposure by decreasing the number of times you need to show up for appointments.
- Masks are required for an entry per the CDC, Whatcom County Health Department, and Washington State. [we have one for you if you need it]
- When you arrive, please wait in the entryway if there is no more than one other patient or call the office to let us know you are here. Our number is 360.734.6300.
- We have set up the entryway as an area for you to be rescreened prior to entering the building. This will include a staff member asking you the COVID-19 risk questions and your temperature being taken.
- Once you are cleared, you will be asked to wash your hands at the handwash stations and be seated in either the front waiting area or your treatment room.
- If you have a fever [100.4 or higher] or other symptoms of illness, you will be asked to delay your appointment.
- Please wear your mask when you are not being treated. While we have many preventative measures in place to reduce the escape of aerosols, we do not want any of the aerosols that may be present to enter your airway.
- After being seated, we will ask you to rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds. This will reduce the amount of infectious material that could potentially be aerosolized.
- All patients will be required to use the Isodry [Video Example] as it reduces the aerosols released into the environment by 90%. We know it can be uncomfortable, but we greatly appreciate your cooperation in the best interest of other patients and our staff.
- While we love to see your family and friends, only patients with appointments will be allowed inside the office. Exceptions will be made for interpreters, parents of minors, and necessary caregivers.
Our Office and Team Members:
- All staff are screened and have their temperature taken daily.
- All staff members will wear a mask at all times.
- Clinical staff will wear personal protective equipment. We have asked that all staff arrive at work in their street clothes and change into scrubs at the office. Their scrubs are laundered in the office to reduce the possibility of outside infection being brought into the work areas.
- After every patient, we will continue to thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door handles, and other surfaces that may have been contaminated.
- Air filtration is constantly active.
- Please inform us if you have used a restroom so a staff member can sanitize all surfaces prior to allowing another patient to use the facility.
- Our waiting room no longer has magazines, books, or toys. The only exceptions are big fluffy animals and coloring books. Please let them choose and touch only one stuffed animal. When they are finished with it, please give it to a staff member to be laundered.
We Are Here for You
Our commitment to helping you, our staff, and our community stay healthy and safe is the reason behind these changes. We will evolve our protocols as new guidelines develop.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to: Andrew@DrTerriZweber.com.
We want you to feel confident and safe when you return for your dental care. Ready to visit us? Schedule an appointment today!